Insurance FAQs

We include transit insurance at no extra charge. This covers your belongings while they are on our truck if the truck is involved in any of the following incidents: collision, overturning, fire, flood and theft of the truck or from the truck. Insurance for stored belongings is the responsibility of the owner


Should I take out additional insurance?

We take considerable care with your furniture, household items and precious item. Just take a look at the comments from past clients to verify that we take every possible care for your things during the move.


That said, however, accidents can happen. The choice to add transit insurance is totally yours. We do recommend you investigate your options and like any form of insurance, weigh up if your items can be exposed to loss or damage against the cost of insurance.


Aren’t my goods covered by my Home and Contents Policy?

Whilst some contents insurance policies do cover your goods when in transit however you should check with your home and content insurance policy providers if this is the case for you.


Do I need to insure everything?

This is your choice but whatever is not included on your list is not covered. Both you and us sign a copy of the list before the move so there is no disagreement as to the contents that are covered by the insurance.


Which type of cover should I take out?

Chat to your insurance company about the best coverage to meet your needs. For peace of mind full Coverage insurance with new for old replacement is the top level of cover. We recommend you shop around, moving insurance policies can vary greatly between different insurers.


How much should I value my goods for?

This is a great question! From our experience when choosing replacement cover you need to estimate the cost of replacing your goods with new goods of similar type and quality, just as you do for your house contents insurance.


Tip: People can often underestimate how much replacing all that cutlery, linen and general household items can be.

If you choose market value cover, then you will need to estimate the amount you would be likely to receive from your goods if you sold them.

You can provide us with a figure or the total value of your goods or you can use our Insurance Declaration to identify and value your goods.


Are you experienced in insurance?

Our authorised broker Cowden Insurance Brokers, underwritten by CGU are removal insurance specialists.


With multiples such as CDs, do I have to itemise them individually?

No, we only require an estimate of their total value.


I have to put my goods in storage – do I have to take out separate insurance for that?

Yes, we can arrange storage insurance for your goods in conjunction with the transit insurance.


How will I know what I am covered for?

The Product and Disclosure Statement (PDS) explains the insurance coverage. You are provided with a PDS during the booking process.


I am not sure if the insurance cover is enough for me?

If you need extra advice we can refer you to our authorised insurance broker, Cowden Insurance Contact them on  (03) 9686 6500


Do I have to take out insurance?

You are under no obligation to take out transit and/or storage insurance. Of course, it is also your choice as to which broker you choose.


Is it really necessary to take out insurance?

We take considerable care with your furniture, household items and other precious items. Just take a look at the positive comments from past clients however accidents can happen therefore we recommend you consider the cost of insurance against the cost of replacing goods should something get damaged or go missing.


Can I take out insurance if I do the packing myself?

Yes, the Customer Goods in Transit and Storage Insurance can cover cartons that you have packed. These contents must be individually valued when itemised and the cover is only restricted.


Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim?

Yes, the Customer Goods in Transit and Storage Insurance does have an excess.


Get A Quote
Get A Quote